It's time for another Papertrey Ink Make it Monday Challenge!
This week it's all about Stamping with Watercolor Mediums.
Instead of hunting for my watercolors, I decided to use my PTI reinkers to get a watercolor effect.
I started with watercolor paper. In an ink palette, I added a couple drops of water to drops of ink and brushed it onto the stamps with my water brushes.
For the floral images, I used Hibiscus Burst as a base and sparingly brushed on Raspberry Fizz for effect. For the leaves, I used Spring Moss as a base and sparingly brushed on Simply Chartreuse for effect.
I love to see stitching on cards, but not enough to drag out my sewing machine from storage, lol. So I used a strip of Stitching Lines dies on the watercolor paper. I then hand stitched embroidery floss through it. I frayed the ends of the floss with my Tim Holtz scratcher tool.
Kind of a cloudy day today so my photo is a bit dark. Thanks for stopping by...have a great weekend!
Supplies:
PTI paper, ink, "Life" stamp set, "Larger than Life" stamp set, "Happy Hydrangea" sentiment stamp, "Stitching Lines" die.
Watercolor paper and floss from my stash.
This week it's all about Stamping with Watercolor Mediums.
Instead of hunting for my watercolors, I decided to use my PTI reinkers to get a watercolor effect.
I started with watercolor paper. In an ink palette, I added a couple drops of water to drops of ink and brushed it onto the stamps with my water brushes.
For the floral images, I used Hibiscus Burst as a base and sparingly brushed on Raspberry Fizz for effect. For the leaves, I used Spring Moss as a base and sparingly brushed on Simply Chartreuse for effect.
I love to see stitching on cards, but not enough to drag out my sewing machine from storage, lol. So I used a strip of Stitching Lines dies on the watercolor paper. I then hand stitched embroidery floss through it. I frayed the ends of the floss with my Tim Holtz scratcher tool.
Kind of a cloudy day today so my photo is a bit dark. Thanks for stopping by...have a great weekend!
PTI paper, ink, "Life" stamp set, "Larger than Life" stamp set, "Happy Hydrangea" sentiment stamp, "Stitching Lines" die.
Watercolor paper and floss from my stash.


6 comments:
Gorgeous! It's been so busy here, I hadn't even seen the Make It Monday post.
Lovely watercolor effect on this- I love the colors, too!
Lovely card, the reinkers give a lovely clear colour. Your stitching looks great.
Gorgeous - love the color palette. Terrific, soft images for a sympathy card!
This is so lovely as a Sympathy card, very peaceful.
PS: nice stitching too, Lorraine
This is so pretty. I love how you used those Larger than life stamps. They were the first ones I tried, but I did not like how mine came out. Yours are so much better.
Post a Comment