Saturday, April 26, 2014

PTI Make It Monday #161 - One More Time


I'm not sure about the previous card so I decided to play around some more.  I wanted to try different techniques to see what would happen with the ink.  


Using different inks, I sponge-inked a panel that was cut from my new Tipped Tops Dies.  Instead of using a paint brush to apply water on the inked paper, I decided to try pressing stamps into water and applying them to the cardstock.  Here I used some of the individual stamps from Polka Dot Basics III - pressed them around in water on my mat and then applied them to the inked cardstock.  Happy from Pretty Peonies die collection was used on the panel.

I decided to make another card to see if I could use more detailed stamps pressed in water to create water spots on the inked paper.  For the card below, I used a couple of stamps from Turning a New Leaf stamp set.  I like the leafy water spots that were created and am leaning toward this card for my niece.  Wet Paint stamp set's "happy" and Everyday Happiness stamp set's "BIRTHDAY" were embossed with black powder. 

I would also like to enter these cards into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge."Keep It Clean & Simple"

Supplies: Papertrey Ink paper & ink, “Everyday Happiness”, "Polka Dot Basics III", "Turning a New Leaf"  & "Wet Paint" stamp sets, "Pretty Peonies" & "Tipped Tops" Dies.  Versamark Ink & Black Filigree embossing powder.

5 comments:

Karen said...

These are great too. Love the leaves!

Lin said...

Beautiful effect, Lorraine, love your color choices, too! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

inkyfingy said...

What a good idea to use the stamps, a lovely effect!

Greta said...

Brilliant idea! Love both these cards!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful. I like that technique too, was going to try one more time but just could squeeze out time for that, but I will certainly do it again sometime soon!